Saturday 18 January 2014

Easy Peasy Quick 'Baked' Potatoes

 I love baked potatoes but they take so long to cook that I can never be bothered baking them when I'm at home.  I never have them when I'm out to eat because it feels like a waste of 'eating out'.  So, imagine my joy when I saw a magic way to bake potatoes in forty minutes...  I had to do it, cover it in butter, salt and cheese and put it in my face.



This is so easy that I feel a fool for typing it...  Take a potato and cut down into it but not all the way to the bottom, it should fan open a bit.  If you do manage to cut all the way down it (like I did) then stab it back together with cocktail sticks.  Cover it in oil and then put it in the oven at at least 220 degrees C for forty minutes.  The skin will go all crispyand the flesh will bake but in a whole new way!

Take them out of the oven and remove the cocktail sticks, season and cover in butter.  Then just treat it like a baked potato.  Brian had his with mixed baked beans and cheese and I just stuck to my favourite, cheese and butter.  Delicious.  

This is Brian's review...

So I'm taking that as a ringing endorsement (what can I say, the boy loves baked beans) and I will be making these again, for sure.  There are three pre-baked baked potatoes in our freezer and I'm not sure if I can bring myself to eat them now!  The produce box is doing good things for my soul...

No comments:

Post a Comment